Monday, April 28, 2008

A Glitch in the Tricking Matrix: The Soundtrack to the Sport

When I first heard Glitch Hop, I closed my eyes and there I was. I was running through the streets of New York City, flipping over taxis, corkng on the sidewalk, doing wall flips every chance I got, breakdancing into flips in the middle of the street, popping out backside 9s, C720s, random tornado kicks, and raizing to random cork variations. Then, the music stopped. I opened my eyes, and I was back at my computer in my small apartment in Brooklyn.
It was destiny. I was using StumbleUpon and randomly surfing the web, going from random site to random site, when I stumbled onto http://www.last.fm/music/edIT.
It was love at first site (pun intended).
Here's how I see it: Skateboarding started with this punkish music feel. Breakdancing with hip-hop. Tricking needs a soundtrack.
Tricking's a hybrid sport, glitch hop is a musical hybrid.
Let's get married, Glitch Hop.
Team SF & Tricking 2.0=Glitch Hop.

No comments: